LOCATION / LAGO DI COMO, ITALY
Ceremony VILLA CIPRESSI / Reception AL VELUU
Photographer / Lucie Watston
Videographer / McGill Sister Films
Wedding Dress / Brighton Vintage
Custom Veil / Oui The Label
HMU / Cicely Make Up
Wedding Shoes / Kurt Geiger
Jewellery / Enhara Jewels
Florals / Il Profumo dei Fiori
Wedding Signs / The Little Press
Choosing to have a destination wedding was an easy choice for us as we had family and friends traveling from around the World. We decided to organise a wedding weekend which included welcome drinks on the Saturday, a great opportunity for all our guests to meet and get to know each other. On the Sunday while we were finalising the last details of the wedding, we had organised sun beds at Lido di Lenno for guests to enjoy and soak up the Italy sun. The perfect location to unwind and relax before the wedding.
Inspired by the captivating beauty of the Lake, we chose to have an outdoor ceremony which
was held in the private courtyard of Hotel Villa Cipressi in Varenna with has breathtaking backdrop views of the Lake.
After the ceremony, our guests were treated to a private tour of the Lake while we had our couple portraits taken in the Villa.
Our reception was held in Al Veluu in Tremezzina, a beautiful family-run restaurant with stunning views overlooking the Lake. We wanted to ensure our guests had an unforgettable experience which is why we chose to have two different locations for the wedding ceremony and reception.
We wanted to ensure the focus was on the location rather than anything else, so we kept our styling to a minimum.
My bridesmaids were gifted with handmade macrame bags with customised earrings and headbands for each. As my bridesmaids lived in different countries, we decided to keep a theme of pastel pink for the dresses but not have them all the same to ensure they were comfortable on the day.
The groomsmen were gifted with pastel pink bowties (to match the bridesmaids) and customised cuff links with little maps showing the location of Como.
Our florals were kept minimal with mostly white florals and touches of Eucalyptus (tying back to our roots in Australia) with pastel pink astilbe to stay in theme.
TIPS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
1. We had a pretty clear idea we wanted to have a destination wedding and made sure to have enough time and had budgeted for venue viewings before decided on the final venue.
2. Pinterest boards always help but don't get too caught up with others inspiration. I had a clear vision from the start but there are so many beautiful images on Pinterest that you can get carried away.
3. Make the time to fit in your full hair, make-up, dress and accessories look to make sure you are happy on the day even if it the day before!
4. The day before your wedding should be relaxing. We had so many friends in Italy that we hadn't seen for a while so decided to hire some boats the day before the wedding and didn't end up getting home until quite late so felt a little bit exhausted but were happy we had spent the time with our friends.
5. Pack a hairbrush/comb in your wedding day kit!
6. Make sure you have on on-the day wedding planner at the least. It will make you feel far more relaxed knowing that someone else is dealing with the little last minute details.